Welcome to the ColdBox Security v3.x Series
The Best Way To Secure Your Applications
cbsecuritymodule is a collection of modules to help secure your ColdBox applications.
The major areas of concern are:
- A security authentication/authorization firewall (
cbsecurity) which can secure your application based on:
- Security rules and a rule engine for validation incoming events or URL's patterns
- Handler annotations
- A security service for explicit authorizations (
cbsecurity) to provide you with functional approaches to security context authorization in any layer of your application.
- A JWT generator, decoder and authentication services (
- Cross Site Request Forgery (CSRF) Protection (
- An authentication manager (
cbauth) which can be plug-and-play with your own or third party modules
- Basic Authentication services that provide basic user credential storage and browser challenges
- A graphical user interface for visualizing the firewall and operational settings we lovingly call the CBSecurity Visualizer
- Industry standard response headers to protect agains xss, clickjacking, frame busting, and much more
CBSecurity consumes several other modules and leverages cbstorages for storage.
- Ability to have global security rules
- Ability for modules to add their own security rules and action overrides
- Ability to distinguish between authentication and authorization issues
- Annotation driven cascading security for handlers and actions
- A functional security service that can be injected anywhere to provide you with authorizations
- Security rules can exist in:
- XML File
- JSON File
- The rules can be configured to use regular expressions or simple snippets
- Can use ColdFusion authentication security
- Can leverage any custom authentication provider
- Capability to distinguish between invalid authentication and invalid authorization and determine an outcome of the process.
- Ability to load/unload security rules from contributing modules.
- Ability for each module to define it's own
- JWT Access and Refresh Tokens Native support
And constructed with the following guidelines:
- Breaking backward compatibility bumps the major (and resets the minor and patch)
- New additions without breaking backward compatibility bumps the minor (and resets the patch)
- Bug fixes and misc changes bumps the patch
Ortus Solutions, Corp
- Custom Development
- Professional Support & Mentoring
- Server Tuning
- Security Hardening
- Code Reviews
The Box products and modules community for discussion and help can be found here:
Because of His grace, this project exists. If you don't like this, then don't read it, it's not for you.
"Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God." Romans 5:5